Considering I just pulled this honey spice bread out of the oven about an hour ago and half of it is already gone, I'd say this is a recipe worth sharing. It's perfect for breakfast, dessert, or a midday snack. Although we love banana bread around here, the flavors in this bread were a nice change of pace!
What you need...
3 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
4 eggs, separated
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup honey
4 Tbsp. butter, melted
1 cup milk
What you do...
1. Preheat oven to 350 and grease two bread pans.
2. Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and salt in a bowl.
3. Beat egg whites on medium speed until stiff peaks start to form. Pour into a separate bowl and set aside.
4. Add sugar and egg yolks to mixing bowl and beat at medium speed until well blended. Add melted butter and honey and continue to mix until smooth.
5. Reduce speed to low. Add in half of the flour mixture and mix. Add milk and continue to mix. Finally add the rest of the flour and mix until smooth.
6. Fold in egg whites with a spatula or spoon.
7. Add batter to two greased bread pans.
8. Bake at 350 for one hour or until a toothpick comes out of bread clean.